[Fot] AMB TRANX 260 Transponder

WEmery7451 at aol.com WEmery7451 at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 12:02:53 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/26/07 8:30:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
S.Janzen at comcast.net writes:

<< Is this a conspiracy between the clubs and the mfr where the individual devi
ces/racers   subsidize the cost of the monitoring equipment, so that what the T
&S group   has to buy is cheap, or is AMB just making lots of money? >>

I had a non-rechargeable AMB transponder on my TR-3, with no problems.  My
son had a rechargeable transponder on his RX-7 Mazda.  He had nothing but
trouble with his rechargeable transponder.  We were even afraid to plug it into
 the
cigarette lighter in my van, for fear that it would run down the battery, and
we wouldn't make it back to the track.

I gave him my transponder, and then bought another non-chargeable transponder
for the TR-3.  Then this new transponder wouldn't work, and I had to rent one
from the track.  Fortunately, AMB replaced this last transponder, and it is
working.  I still favor the transponders powered from the car.  You are
eliminating another variable (the battery).

There is a lot of conspiracy going on behind the scene, such as individuals
lobbing for rule changes to pad their pockets.  That hydrogen embrittlement of
the metal parts on seat belts was a big farce.  Those metal parts would be
functional after all of us are gone, unless they are thrown into a furnace.

I told several SCCA officials that hydrogen embrittlement is a nuclear
reactor term.  That is the concern that the reactor pressure vessels may crack
due
to hydrogen embrittlement over a long time period.  Most of the reactors in
this country are over forty years old.  These pressure vessels are also in a hi
gh
radioactive field, and have gone through many pressure/temperature cycles.

At least Bill Simpson has come through with his Impact Racing company.  He
will still replace the webbing on your metal seat belt parts for considerably
less money than buying new seat belts.