[Fot] Odd request - other beer disappearances

spyderweb at uwalumni.com spyderweb at uwalumni.com
Thu Jul 19 21:08:39 MDT 2007

Scott Janzen wrote:

>  Iron City was the local brew, but we called it Iron Sh.tty.

I was in Denver some years back and drove out to Golden to tour the
Coors plant. Stopped afterwards at a downtown bar (called the "Silver
Bullet" as I recall) and ordered a Milwaukee-brewed beer just to see
what the reaction would be.

There was none -- got my "foreign beer" without a peep. When I looked
around to see what the locals were drinking, there wasn't a Coors in
sight. The bartender later explained: Most of the folks here work at
Coors and live in that smell all day long. None of them would touch
that shit on their own time.

Jim Hill