[Fot] Odd request

Mark J. Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Thu Jul 19 10:44:42 MDT 2007

I might as well tell the rest of the story, somewhat lengthy and personal,
but bear with me if you will.  Or just chuck this message into the bit
bucket if you prefer.

Back when I was maybe 10 years old, we moved from Dowagiac,
Michigan to South Bend, Indiana.  The new house wasn't  quite
finished yet, we actually had to live in apartment across the street
from the Drewery's Brewery - maybe that explains my fondness
for beer.

Anyway, to save some money my father did a fair bit of  finishing
work on the new place.  One of the bigger things he took on
was digging the hole for the septic tank.  Being a somehat
able bodied lad of 10, I of course was required to assist in
the task.  I remember one hot summer saturday when we
were slaving away, trying to get it finished.  Dad says it
is time for a break.  I collapse on the ground next to the
hole, he goes in the house.  Moments later he comes out
with two very cold cans of Strohs, and he hands one to
me.  That was, still to this day, the BEST beer I've ever
had.

Well, my father passed away Wednesday morning, and I
was just thinking it would be nice to  sit back, relax, crack
open a cold Strohs and say "Thanks for everything, Dad!"

mjb.