[Fot] Fund raisers for High Plains Raceway

James Gray toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 22:54:35 MDT 2007

It seems to me if High Plains is to really get off the ground ( so to
speak ) fundraisers need to be happening now. I didn't see any plans to
raise
funds on the website other than simply asking for donations. Every car
club in the region should be contacted and fund raising events planned.
Only $ 850K has been raised out of a goal of $ 3 million. If this kind
of money is to be raised it must be sought out.
I heard somewhere that Adele Arakawa was a racer so I did a quick search
and found she has been active in Porsche and BMW events.
She is very well connected and may be a good resource for fund raising.
There are also plenty of car dealerships in the area that are active in
some
way in motor sports and may help host some form of fund raising effort
or event.
I personally don't know anyone at CAMA but I would gladly volunteer to
assist with any real fund raising efforts.
 This is an excerpt from Adele Arakawa's bio
As for hobbies, Adele and her husband are avid golfers. The entire
family also enjoys racing cars. Adele is a certified driving instructor
for the Rocky Mountain Region Porsche Club, and holds Club Racing
license with PCA, racing in venues such as Daytona International
Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Barbar Motorsports Park.

http://www.9news.com/company/bios/article.aspx?storyid=69840

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/capital-campaign.html

Any ideas from the membership ?

Jim Gray