[Fot] Carb Mounting

Gary vintage.racer at comcast.net
Sun Jul 8 14:21:57 MDT 2007

Hello:

I have acquired a set of Weber Carb "soft mounts", ie, thin metal plate with
rubber O rings on each side, to help reduce the vibration getting to the SU
carbs on my TR4 racer.  Questions:  do these replace the normal 1/4" thick,
hard material, carb insulators?  Since the soft mount only has two bolt holes,
what should be used as a spacer for the other two carb bolts?  I have one of
Joe Alexander's heat shields for the carbs, should this go directly against
the intake manifold with the soft mount on top or vica versa?  Thanks.

Gary
1962 Flying Brick
1969 TR6