[Fot] Alloy Body

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Sat Jan 27 08:15:58 MST 2007

In a message dated 01/26/2007 9:36:25 PM Central Standard Time,
gp89 at charter.net writes:

>   Imagine what could happen at a Barret-Jackson auction.

As far as I'm concerned, the Barret-Jackson auction, and others like it, are
screwing up the auto hobby something fierce!

I note in the current issue of AUTOWEEK they list a less than perfect TR3A
which sold recently at auction and north of thirty grand.  No Trailer Queen, its
description says the engine compartment appeared to be correct, the interior
had very good leather, but it had so-so chrome, poor body work (panel fit) and
in particular its bad paint.  Further it suggested while the car sold (did
not have a minimum bid restriction), it did not meet the previous owner's sale
price expectations.

Gee...maybe we TRIUMPH owners are all rich and don't even know it.

Bill Dentinger