[Fot] TR3 Electric Fan suggestions

R. John Lye rjl at gt-classics.com
Sun Jan 14 16:37:28 MST 2007

At 09:02 AM 1/14/2007 -0800, Steve Belfer wrote:
>Anybody know which type of electric radiator fan would be ideal to install in
>my TR3  (small-mouth grille)?

FWIW, a race engineer that I respect (SCCA GT-1 and drag race cars)
says that he's tested a bunch of electric fans and the best one that he's
found is from a Ford Escort.  I'm not sure what year Escort, though.  This
was in the context of a 500+ hp 1969 Camaro project that he was finishing.
It was a fairly small fan but produced lots of air.  It did draw some power,
though.

For whatever that's worth,

R. John Lye

rjl6n at cstone.net