[Fot] Reinserting TR4 tappets w/head on?

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Sun Aug 12 15:49:48 MDT 2007

Ok, I'll admit it.  I've screwed up and done this more than once.
Rocker assembly not yet installed, but ...   Ok, let's check to make
sure the starter works - oops.  Or, turn the engine over on the engine
stand - oops. I've never had any trouble getting them back in though.
Use a screw driver and/or magnetic tool to move it around until you can
get a the magnetic pickup tool on the inside of the lifter.  Then line
it up over the lifter bore and use a screw driver to push it down into
the bore.  If it came out easily, it should go back easily.