[Fot] Non FOT - Any Wisconsin FOTers with Harley-Davidson Milwaukee contacts?

Steven Benford Jr sbracing at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 13 07:24:50 MST 2006

  Allen.

  Thanks for replying.  I work for Goss International Corporation and we manufacture newspaper and commercial printing presses.  About two years ago we purchased another printing press company in New Hampshire.  Our president, who was originally from the company we just bought, decided to move the headquarters from Chicago to New Hampshire.  Of course we find out later that he never sold his home in New Hampshire.

  With the joining of two companies, Goss now has two technical publications departments.  I was one of the honored few who were asked to relocate.  I chose not to make the move as my wifes family is near, the school systems are better here, and I really didnt like what the area had to offer.  I have been writing parts catalogs, maintenance / operation manuals and service bulletins for the last seventeen years.

  Harley-Davidson just posted an opening for a technical writer  service literature and parts catalogs.  This is exactly what I do and they could have written their posted job requirements using my resume as a guide.  A prefect fit!  That is why I was asking if anyone had a contact at H-D.  The posting said the job was at the Juneau Avenue facility, so I am assuming the Technical Publications department is located there as well.  I am looking for a contact in the Technical Publication department, or in human resources.  I just want get my resume in front of the person the job reports to.

  Thanks.
  Steve

Allen Washatko <awashatko at wi.rr.com> wrote:  We know many folks at H-D but I would need to know what
you are looking for specifically before I could guide you. Fill me in.
I would be glad to try and help out.