[Fot] crankshaft survey

Jack W. Drews vinttr4 at geneseo.net
Fri Dec 22 13:43:44 MST 2006

Moldex has long been the Triumph racers' choice for billet cranks. Mine too.

Their quality is very high, but their delivery time fluctuates wildly
and unpredictably.

Joe Alexander and I visited the PRI show in Orlando last week. I
talked to representatives of several crankshaft companies, asking if
they would be interested in making cranks for us, in the quantities
that our little TR community might buy. I was pleased to find that a
couple of companies would be willing to quote on our cranks.

I would be willing to spend some time facilitating getting this set
up if there is enough interest. To do this I need to have an estimate
of how many might be sold. Therefore I'm asking you FOT's to give me
an indication of your interest.

I would see negotiating a price based on an initial run and a
probable annual quantity. I'm not asking anyone to make any
commitments, but if you are interested in buying a Moldex during the
next year, would you please share that information with me?

Thanks

uncle jack