[Roadsters] Bilstein Shocks from Datsun Restoration Products

Alvin Gogineni alvingogi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:53:53 MDT 2021

This is my review of the Bilstein shocks from Jim Tyler of Datsun
Restoration Products.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/5016ec_25e093510b2a4d7a9291f153b0f379ee_mv2.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/IMG_0716.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/IMG_0751.jpeg

I've included more detailed impressions/pics in the Member's Garage threads
for each car, but here is my general review of the shocks:
I installed fronts only on my black roadster and all 4 shocks on Sora. I
noticed an immediate improvement in ride quality on both cars. Rebound
control is much more controlled, especially noticeable with Nismo rear leaf
springs and front coil springs. Gone is the high-frequency, bouncy
"race-car" ride that I've been accustomed to. I honestly did not expect the
difference in ride quality to be so striking...it's that good.

Highly recommend the Bisteins for high-rate springs, and the best part is
that custom valving is available! The modified front lower mount also makes
changing/removing a breeze--not my desire but I can see racers utilizing
it.

https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/IMG_9683.jpeg
More pictures of my roadster:
https://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=324245#p324245

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/IMG_0682.jpeg
and Sora:
https://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=324243#p324243

Shocks can be ordered from Jim's website:
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/shop-1