[Roadsters] Driving to work in a Datsun Roadster

Alvin Gogineni alvingogi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 22:24:17 MST 2021

I drove to work on Friday. It was 37F when I left in the morning but it was
bearable doing 75-80mph top down. Why subject myself to unnecessary wind
chill? I was going to meet a Ed, a new Datsun Roadster!
At work:
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2519.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2495-e1639977382916.jpg

Ed recently acquired this '69 SRL, powered by a hot-rodded L-Series with
Mikuni induction. It even has (imperceptible) widened steel wheels!
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2558.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2562.jpg

We were able to hang for a bit in the evening talking Datsuns. Really happy
for Ed as he's smitten with the car, previously owned by racer/enthusiast
Troy Tinsley
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2556.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2564.jpg

We didn't have time for a drive but I made a short video of our meeting,
and Ed left his mark with a nice burnout :lol:

https://youtu.be/nS6luD6cT_U

The 9pm drive home from SSF to San Jose made me miss my hardtop dearly but
hey, it's part of the adventure when you #doitinadatsun 🥶
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IMG_2464-e1639977480835.jpg