[Roadsters] Electrical question

Stan Wilkins Ragtopman1601 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:42:11 MDT 2020

Maybe a bit more difficult on a murdercicle but here's how I do it on a car. Charge the battery so it's at least 1/2 charged, then take the negative cable off the battery. Put a test light between the battery post and the cable end. If there is a drain, the light will light. Now start removing electrical things until the light goes out. (On a car I pull fuses one at a time.) When the light is out you know which circuit to tackle. That might be enough to get you started.

Stan, who has 2 Yamahas under the deck; wife's DT125 and my DT250

Not a roadster-specific question, but related to vintage vehicles (my '72 Yamaha): Any tips on tracking down the cause of a battery draining down near flat after a couple of days of sitting? New(ish) wet-cell battery, just topped up the acid this Friday, charged it up. On Saturday the bike started, ran fine (after I cleaned a couple of fouled spark plugs – two-strokes, you gotta love 'em), but went to try it again this evening and it barely lights the neutral light.

Gary McCormick
'70 Datsun Roadster
SRL311-13291
San Jose, CA[Roadsters] Electrical question