[Roadsters] Carb cleaner recommendations

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Sun May 17 10:35:52 MDT 2020

I know that the solvents we used to be able to get did a much Better job than the new stuff.

I had a old can of chem-dip from the 90’s that worked great. The can finally rusted through & needed replacement. Berryman still lists the chem-dip with the same part number but it isn’t the same stuff. I soaked a fuel pump in it for 12 hours & all it did was slightly soften the grease. The rest of the pump still looks like it did when I put it in.

Is there a product or home brew today that works?

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity