[Roadsters] New Tires!

Alvin Gogineni alvingogi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 10:54:29 MST 2020

I suffer from severe "deferred maintenance" when it comes to my roadster.
The Hankook R-S3 tires I have been running were almost down the cords yet I
still continued to drive on them...in wet conditions.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IMG_6818.jpeg

After driving a 240z with Toyo RA-1s I was sold, but they don't make a
205/45/16 size. I did not want to run the R888(R) or similar semi-slick on
the street and ended up getting the Toyo R1R.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IMG_6708.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IMG_6832.jpeg

Here are the old Hankooks next to the fresh Toyo's. The Hankooks served me
well with about 9,200 miles of driving.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IMG_6739.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IMG_6828.jpeg

I've only had the R1Rs for two weeks, but my quick blasts up in the canyons
left me smiling.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IMG_6925.jpeg

There are few track days scheduled in 2021 I'm excited to see how they feel.