[Roadsters] Dwell Meters and Pertronix

Charles Hubbard charlie at hubco.com
Thu Apr 12 12:47:03 MDT 2018

Greetings from Texas.

Does anyone have any idea on how to make a dwell meter work on a 1964 Datsun SPL310 with positive ground.  I bought a cheap meter off eBay not too long ago. The needle goes backwards or does not work at all.  Perhaps the better question is: Does your dwell meter work on positive ground systems?  If so, what make and model is it?

Before you come back and say:  "Get a Pertronix Ignitor." I've had three (3) burn up on me in about 8 hours of drive time.  The first time was my fault for having solid copper wires.  It lasted for 5 minutes.  The other two times it happened, I turned the car off and it would not fire again.  Once I reinstalled my old points, it fires right up.  So...I'm sticking with what works.  The guys at Pertronix were great with replacing the parts, but they said no way are we giving you another set under warranty, and I don't blame them.  I'll take suggestions, just as long as it's not the P-word...you know what I mean.

Respectfully,

Charlie Hubbard
HUBCo Communications, Inc.
M: 214.507.5569