[Roadsters] Electrical help please

redroadsterman redroadsterman at gmail.com
Tue May 16 13:47:47 MDT 2017

I was driving my 69 1600 last week and it died while stopped in traffic.  I got no response when turning the ignition key, so I pushed it to the side of the road and called for my son to come get me.  I checked the fuses and the lower right 20a common fuse was blown. I took one of the other fuses and put it in and it blew that also. After a few minutes, the car started and ran fine.  Now I have 12v to the common fuse whether the ignition is on or off. If I put a fuse in it, it blows. The car runs fine, the lights, blower, flasher and horn work, but i can't replace the common fuse.  Any ideas from anyone?
Joseph Warren, ME.

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone