[Roadsters] rear leaf springs; early 67 1600 Roadster

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Wed Oct 19 10:48:42 MDT 2016

I’ve got the three back bolts out (what a PITA!!!), and I’m hoping to remove the pins/bolts in front.  how hard are those to get out?

I’ve got the rear axle floating free – I’m planning on cleaning it up and repainting it, and I’d like to do that to the leaf springs as well.

the shocks are already out.

do I need to do the leaf springs hanging off the frame or do you think I can get those pins/bolts out and remove them?

car is decent; not a lot of rust but certainly not pristine.  and I don’t know the history so I can’t tell  you if they have been out before.