[Roadsters] Interesting historical note

Gordon Glasgow gsglasgow at comcast.net
Fri May 13 10:04:34 MDT 2016

I have sometimes heard Nissan/Datsun criticized by Euro-centric car
enthusiasts for simply copying British designs. This was somewhat true after
WWII, when Datsun was making Austin clones under license.

But I just ran across an interesting note in a Car and Driver Web article
about BMW, which began with airplanes prior to WWI, then switched to
motorcycles after the war. Here's the quote:

"1928: To enter the car business, BMW bought the Dixi Automobil Werke, which
was building Austin Sevens under license."

Gordon Glasgow

Renton, WA