[Roadsters] 3-point belts on 69-70 Roadsters?

Mark Hatch mhatch at ics.com
Wed Jan 6 10:34:30 MST 2016

To add my 2 bits here….

I had 3 points with my ’69 2000. But the straps were rotten and the buckles
were corroded. I got them re-chromed and new straps at Snake Oyl (
www.ssnake-oyl.com). Wasn’t cheap, the total was on the order of $600 a
couple years ago.

If I was going to do this again, I would buy a nice after-market roll bar
with a center bar. Put in a 5 point system with a rear facing stop light.
David Premo 67’2000 is the ideal setup here. My guess is total would be on
the order of a few bucks more, but much safer all around!

Mark