[Roadsters] Gas and brake line sizes?

Dave Sommers divehatteras at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 14:33:09 MDT 2014

I just put a 70 1600 back on the road that had been sitting about that long.
All the hard brake lines were fine to reuse. The rubber ones not so much.
None of the pistons or wheels cylinders were really usable, the rears might
have been rebuilt but what's another $200 especially for the brakes.  I will
rebuild them later as needed.

Before you just condemn the hard lines take a look at all of them and they
just might be alright.

Dave Sommers
Dive Hatteras llc
www.divehatteras.com
703-517-3724 boat phone
703-818-1850

> On Oct 21, 2014, at 1:24 PM, Ken Oxenrider <bushpilot444 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am gearing up to replace all of the brake components  in my wife's 70 1600
Roadster.  It has been sitting for 14 years under a pile of boxes in the
garage.  I figure I need to replace it all, even the stainless steel tubing
lines.  My question is, what sizes are those lines?  I have to buy flaring
tools, tubing, etc. and short of buying calipers I thought someone might save
me that trouble.  I don't even know if they are metric or SAE....