[Roadsters] Trying to Resuscitate Trixie

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Thu Jul 31 15:12:53 MDT 2014

Chuck,

If it were my car I would start by draining the fuel tank and adding a
gallon or two of fresh fuel. You don't want to try to use the old fuel.
Clean out the car float bowls and blow out the fuel lines while you are at
it.

Change the oil trans fluid and rear end fluid. It would be best for the
engine if you would prelube the engine by removing the distributor and
turning the oil pump shaft with a large screwdriver bit until you see the
rocker arms being lubricated. You need to turn the shaft counter clockwise.

If you have your heart set on replacing the alternator, go ahead, but I
suspect the problem was a bad battery. Take the alternator to a shop and
have it tested.

Get the engine running and then move on to being sure the brakes are working
properly.

Last would be the tires.

Good luck

Peace,