[Roadsters] Dizzy, Alternator, and Solex rebuild

Bill Oakes boakes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 18:02:13 MDT 2014

Time to get a little more serious about this ongoing Roadster project, onto
getting that engine running.

I have the stock distributor and alternator, but they're both in really bad
shape, so I need to go new.

I've used a 1-wire distributor on my 240z and really like it, but I'll need
the other brackets to put it on the "cold side" of the engine, does anyone
have them for sale?

For the distributor, I'd like to go with a modern electronic set up, any
recommendations, and any for sale?

Finally, the Solex...they're in ok shape, but they definitely could use a
rebuild. The price of the rebuild looks to be not far from the price of a
good used set. Anyone have a set for sale, or, recommend a place to rebuild
mine?

Thanks!

Bill Oakes
'68 SRL 2000 Solex