[Roadsters] Mechanical Fuel Pump. Used Toyota pickup truck's

Roy Haslett hrhaslett at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 11:54:04 MDT 2014

Interesting, I'm having issue with my fuel pump at the moment.
What year
Toyota Tacoma are we talking for a mechanical fuel pump?  Did you have to use
a spacer block?
Thanks,
Roy H.
67 1600

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:24 AM,
"quinlanhook at verizon.net" <quinlanhook at verizon.net> wrote:

In keeping with
all things Japanese, ( I kid).  I found that a fuel pump from a Toyota taco
pick up worked .
The only thing that I had the change was the top half of the
fuel pump housing where the inlet and outlet spook out .

If I remember
correctly, the spl311's I'm
Melt and outlet are 180 degrees to each other ,
but the Toyota was at some weird 53 degrees to each other.

I just switched
the housings by unscrewing the 6 or  8 screws that held the housings
together,   The actuator lever that sticks into the side of the motor and rubs
against the crank shaft ( I think) was the same length and angle - a perfect
match.   :- ).

That problem cured - I now have to send my carbs off to
ztherapy for them to rebuild.  $$. Say bucks "

Good luck.

Cam

On 07/18/14,