[Roadsters] Right rear brake cylinder leak

D Riedel stamuki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:18:26 MDT 2014

Thanks fellas, good advice.  I'll grab a cylinder from Ross once I confirm
that's the problem, see below.

That's interesting about the metric/SAE wrench issue.  I thought they were
SAE - I have a 3/8 + 7/16 combo line wrench which I bought to work on the
Roadster... I've used it on the clutch slave, certainly.  Somehow, it
really didn't seem to fit, so I grabbed a 10mm/11mm.

11mm = 0.4331"
7/16 =    0.4375"

Not sure how I'd fail to get the slightly larger 7/16" on there... maybe
it's because I was lying upside down on the driveway with my head under a
car at 8:30 at night?

Meanwhile, having popped the drum off, everything inside looks good.  Shoes
are ~new, which is nice, and there's no brake fluid in there.  The cylinder
doesn't really seem to be losing fluid - not from that side, anyway.  I've
flushed and bled that corner and topped-up the M/C and haven't lost any
fluid since.  Mysterious?

-dave

--
Dave Riedel