[Roadsters] Right rear brake cylinder leak

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Tue Jul 8 18:52:56 MDT 2014

Dave,

Although Graeme's advice is always well thought-out, and you can't go
wrong with new cylinders, if you have the additional time, I'd take the
leaking cylinder apart, and check the bore.  If it is smooth (not pitted) and
the piston is not corroded, I'd use a repair kit, and I have done so
successfully.

As to the size of the nuts, do yourself a favor and buy a set
of metric flare nut wrenches:  9 x 11 and 10 x 12, or the equivalent.  They
grip the nuts on nearly all sides, don't slip, and one of those sizes will fit
the nuts.  My guess is 10mm.  (I have both metric and SAE flare nut wrenches
in my box.)

Gary