[Roadsters] question.....

Paul Courson cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Mon May 27 11:02:35 MDT 2013

Links to posted photos would be helpful, yes. (No attachments allowed on
the reflector)

There is a tensioning cable on both sides that often gets lost because it
doesn't do much anyway.  It's supposed to help the vinyl part of the top
stay sealed to the door window.

Not much else I can think of that's not an integral part of a very manual
top. Rear metal bar slides into the vinyl, and there are two cutouts that
match the fittings on the rear deck at the trunk.

When collapsing the scissors to put the top down, push gently from the
sides of the front bow over the windshield, never at the middle center
latch over the rear view mirror. Weak spot.

Same for extending to put the top up. Squeeze the scissors along their
length rather than pulling from the front bow, tugging at the sides if need
be to seat and align on the windshield to latch.