[Roadsters] My new 68' 2000 with Solex.

ArnoDiffusion at aol.com ArnoDiffusion at aol.com
Mon May 20 14:51:05 MDT 2013

Hello from France !

I first posted there last September when I bought a 68' 1600.

But I guess I was not motivated enough to retore it since I have even not
started !

However, I love Datsun Roadsters.

So, I was secretely looking for a 2000 indeed.

And I just found one.

This car is in France since 1991, and has never been driven there.

It comes fitted with at least the Solex carbs and velocity stacks. How can
I make sure whether itt was factory fitted ?

And I've began to list all the parts I do need.

I was wondering if it was reasonnable to upgrade the engine if it's got the
 complete "solex" kit, and who could you advise me for finding performance
original (if possible) parts.

I would also want to find tyres with "little" white walls.

Chassis number is 02721, and

engine number : 03239

Pls see the pics attached.

I would like to know :

- its original color combo, (it seems to have been silver over black)

- if I can get any further history in the USA.

Thx in advance.

Best regards from the French Riviera.

Pascal.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 161120117461.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 161120117462.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 210220128391.jpg]