[Roadsters] adjusting valves on R16

Roy Haslett hrhaslett at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 14:25:20 MDT 2013

I have never been great at getting my valves adjusted correctly.  I get them
close, but not exactly right.  At Solvang I heard conflicting opinion as to
what gap to set the valves on the R16 1600.  I have .17 Hot and .21 Cold in my
manual.  I prefer to set them cold vs hot because "hot" can vary quite a bit.
What I heard from a Datsun guy at Solvang was that cold setting is TIGHTER
 than hot?  That seems contrary to me.  Please chime in with the gap setting
and technique tips that work best  for you.  Thanks in advance.
Roy Haslett
67
1600