[Roadsters] Bay Area Engine Shop

Fred Katz roadster at astound.net
Wed May 1 19:51:22 MDT 2013

I would think places that do Z engine work might also do roadster U20's.
(Alvin, got some hints?). Other than that, Mike Young can make
recommendations.

I've had excellent work done at a machine shop in Burlingame near Hwy 101, but
the last time was a dozen years ago and I did most of the work. I had them
grind a crankshaft and block, and they properly pressed in the jackshaft
bearings (some shops might do it wrong, blocking the oil path); also ground
valve seats and installed new valves.  They had experience with roadster
engines and sourced their parts from Dean Apostal. I'll check if they're still
in business and can still work on U-20's.

Fred - SSF, Ca

On May 1, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Nathaniel Leeds <nmleeds at mindspring.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I managed to skip a link on the timing chain on my U20 yesterday, and don't
> have the time to fix it myself.  So, I am on the verge of doing something I
> never expected to do -- let someone else work on my car.  Can anyone
recommend
> a good engine shop in the Bay Area to get the motor put back together (I'm
anticipating the full complement of bent valves . . . )?