[Roadsters] Conclusion to "Is it a bad fuel pump"

Michael Knorr mhknorr at msn.com
Wed Jul 17 17:54:20 MDT 2013

Yep, it was a bad fuel pump. I followed the electric fuel pump's
instructions and hooked the hot wire to the oil pressure gauge hot wire. Still
no gas flow! So, realizing my mechanical limitations, I took it to a "real"
mechanic at my Nissan dealer who determined the mechanical pump WAS bad and
hooked the electric pump (with a 15-amp fuse) to the coil. Problem solved!
Cost: $120 for the mechanic; $80 for the electric pump. Ouch! But at least I
have a car again. And thanks for all of your ideas, but Craig Halsted and I
were right all along. Regards,Michael Knorr1966 SPL311-03639 (it's for sale)