[Roadsters] Off topic: new car purchase

Michael Knorr mhknorr at msn.com
Sat Jul 6 23:59:16 MDT 2013

Sorry about this, but I hope someone on the list can help with my question. My
wife and I are looking for a new car and have decided on either a Toyota or a
Hyundai. Both local dealerships have great people without the window etching
rigamorole and other nonsense some dealers try to foist upon their customers.
We're looking at 2013 models and have been offered discounts in the $3,000 to
$4000 range if we buy today. But then we're thinking of waiting until the
2014s come out. We're afraid to ask the dealers if their discounts would still
apply on the 2014s; we figure they have to get all of those 2013s off of their
lots before the 2014s arrive. Do you know if we are correct? That the
discounts are only for the 2013s and won't apply once they have new 2014 steel
on their lots? Do we have to wait until July 2014 to get the discounts on a
2014 and then have the same question about the 2015s?
Plus, any opinions out there on the Hyundai -- I believe it's called the Theta
-- 2 liter turbo-charged engine?