[Roadsters] --> Who makes rear brake disk kits? Drum brake pad epoxy? SRL311

Nolan nolan at mortarsprayer.com
Sun Sep 2 13:41:51 MDT 2012

Good morning Bob,
Porterfield is a good suggestion I hadn't considered. Thank you.
(Putting on my old folks voice)......I remember putting the brakes on hard
from 7000 rpm in 5th down to 40 mph. The car would shoot sparks out the front
from the metal master pads, the disks would glow and the roadster would stay
straight. I have wondered if and assumed that friction material has improved
in 25 years.

Do you think the new Porterfield's grab as good as an older pad with a high
metal content in the blend? Apparently there is still a metal master pad on
the market. I am not sure if it would be the same blend as 25 years ago (less
asbestos?)

Best regards,
Nolan