[Roadsters] wiper spindle - looking for one

robert williams wilrobasy at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 06:42:20 MDT 2012

First off , thanks all those on the list who responded to my question re
glueing the boot / trunk rubber in place.
I had some brake cleaner sitting around so after a quick spray of that to the
rubber the glue stuck to everything that it should have.
I also found out that brake cleaner also makes a good solvant for removing the
black glue from places it should not have gone.

Anyway to the point finally,

I am after a right hand side windscreen wiper spindle that protrudes through
the panel just below the windscreen.
This is for my 1966 low screen 1600.

The existing spindle has been stripped some time in it's life and the PO
decided to fix it by drilling a hole through it and the wiper arm and
inserting a selt tapping screw, effective but ugly.
So I am after a replacement spindle and wiper arm if anyone has one out there
for the right hand side, drivers side here down under but passenger side for
those of you in the USA.

thanks

Robert

1974 Jaguar XJ12