[Roadsters] Test

Linda J ljordan704 at netscape.net
Sat Jul 28 11:30:26 MDT 2012

I did get some movement when in neutral but not when I put it in gear.
As I understand it the counter is the big one with gears.
Dean thought it was counter bearings most likely. Good to know it is fixable.
I wonder why it doesn't do it all the time though?
Thanks for educating me on transmissions, they are mysterious.

Linda

Sent from my iPod

On Jul 28, 2012, at 10:16 AM, <Pat at HORNESYSTEMSTX.COM> wrote:

> When I had that problem it was the counter shaft bearings. My fluid was low
and I could hear it when in neutral with the clutch out.

> Try to move the gear cluster end to end and sideways. If it moves,
especially side to side, it is probably the counter shaft and bearings. It's
not hard to get the counter shaft out, just remove the bell housing and the
lock oblt for the shaft and pull it out the front of the trans. There will be
thrust washers on each end of the gear cluster that will drop into trans. The
bearings will stay in the cluster.

<ljordan704 at netscape.net>;

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/ljordan704@netscape.ne

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/roadsterdude1600@yahoo