[Roadsters] Clutch slave cylinder problem (I believe?) ..

Linda J ljordan704 at netscape.net
Sun Jul 1 19:24:57 MDT 2012

Also check the bolts that hold the slave culinder on to the tranny, they can
get loose and cause a problem.

Linda

Sent from my iPod

On Jul 1, 2012, at 5:19 PM, "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc at att.net> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> You're spot on.
>
> There should be two nuts on the clutch operating rod:  the closest to the
clutch withdrawal lever is rounded to nestle into the depression the in the
lever, and the second, closer to the slave cylinder, is a lock nut.  The
rounded-end nut has two flats on it so you can hold it while loosening the
lock nut and vice-versa.

> There should be return spring.  Ond end hooks into the withdrawal lever,
andthe other hooks into a projection which is part of the slave cylinder
casting.

> Do you have the exploded diagram from the Nissan Parts Manual?  If not, I
can scan and send separately.

> Gary
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Breen" <anpost at gmail.com>

cylinder
>> push rod to the clutch withdrawal lever.
>>
>> Recently, I started noticing a gradual worsening of my clutch pedal
>> effectiveness in allowing me to switch gears smoothly. It became necessary
>> repeatedly depress the clutch pedal in order to allow for a relatively
smooth
>> gear shift. This was all gears. Today, the clutch goes to the floor with
no
>> resistance and I am unable to shift into any gear (I can hear the grind if
>> attempt to shift). Also, if I attempt to start the car with the clutch
>> depressed, while in a gear (I can put the car in gear when the clutch is
not
>> spinning), the car will lurch forward as if I did not have the clutch
>> depressed. So all this tells me that the clutch is working, but the
hydraulics
>> in the master or slave is not functioning.
>>
>> My theory on what has happened here brings me back to my specific question
>> about how the slave push rod interacts with the clutch withdrawal lever.
Is

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/aultgc@att.net