[Roadsters] Rocker Panel End caps-1968 311

Graeme Suckling graemes at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 21 19:34:05 MDT 2012

Hi folks,
I also couldn't see the value in the repro end caps so I made my own.
I decided to alter the dimensions slightly so that there was a 8-10mm
gap between the front cap and the lower guard area to try and prevent
the rot spot that was designed by the factory. I used some 20mm
rectangular tube cut in 1/2 for the lower guard mounts: they have
threaded holes in them to accommodate the bolts through the lower edge.
I didn't bother to reproduce the curved ends, since they are not
normally visible I simplified them to a straight line/box type
construction.
Anyhoo, if you want to see how I did it, have a look at my Shutterfly
album http://nissanman.shutterfly.com/117 starting at image #451.
I am also re-producing the entire outer sill panel from scratch since I
can't afford to sell my one remaining kidney to buy the repro
versions:-( . See image #488 onwards.
The "A" pillar bases were also scratch built since they were no longer
there=-O

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
http://tinyurl.com/6n5aza