[Roadsters] Clutch master cylinder shims?

Paul Kort paulsdatsunstuff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:18:07 MDT 2012

  Done with the easy part, the old cylinder is out.  One shim popped out
when I pulled the master off the firewall, and there were two shims stuck
to the firewall.  I know the two were on the top bolt, and looking at the
crud, I'd guess the third one was also on the top bolt.  Is that possible;
3 on top, none on the bottom?  Just what are the shims adjusting for?

  I got the new master from Rock Auto at $31, including discount and
shipping to Ohio.  After I had ordered it, I got a note off the list that
O'Rielley's sold them for $20.  Oh well, just thought I'd apss that info on.

TIA,

Paul
Ohio
1969 1600