[Roadsters] seat belt

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Sat Aug 4 08:14:12 MDT 2012

Good point.  Having hit a curb head-on at about 30 MPH or so in a
roadster and the factory belts held and allowed me to put the top back
and step out of the car over the door.  I have no problem with the
factory belt mounting design.  I would like to explore recoiling seat
belts, but probably won't make a big design change.

I hit the curb because a 67 Chevy turned left into the left front fender
of my roadster.  The Chevy spun 180 degrees after impact because I was
moving at about 45-50 MPH at the time of impact.  You can see the result
on the opening page of my web site.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Las Vegas