[Roadsters] Differential gasket or RTV?

J KRAKAUER jsk977 at optonline.net
Wed Sep 22 12:18:43 MDT 2010

Tom,

Not sure about RTV, but way back, at the recommendation of the folks at
Sharp I used a loctite gasket replacement compound on the diff.. I'm sure
its been reformulated many times but in the late 60s it was orange and not
very viscous, much thinner than RTV. Worked great, changed the differential
many times and never had a leak.  BTW they also used the same stuff on both
sides of the head gasket.  Do some research on loctite and you can probably
find something similar.

Jerry Krakauer

SRL311 00099