[Roadsters] upcoing CA backroads drives, 1 SF area, one SoCal

O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS) Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Mon Sep 20 11:49:34 MDT 2010

Got this from a yahoo group, NorVal (SF Bay Area) backroads drive:
				Hi All,

				The Pedal Pushers Pullover drive is
scheduled for Saturday, November 13 and we'd love to have you join us
for the event.

				See the Events page on the Pedal Pushers
website for more information at:

http://www.thepedalpushers.com/events.html

				In the meantime, here is a link to the
Pullover Entry Application form:
				http://www.hardtuned.com/2010pa.pdf

				All drivers and navigators welcome, both
gals and guys, with a vintage car or something unique that may not
qualify for other local driving tours. So dust off your R5 Turbo,
Bugatti kit car, Mk1 GTI, Country Squire estate, and other seemingly
non-eligible cars because they will be considered acceptable in our
eyes. The selection committee will review all applications received to
ensure outside-the-box vehicles meet the Pedal Pushers criteria for
style and flare, but we do encourage variety.

				The application also includes a section
for pre-ordering t-shirts which will be ready for pick-up at the event.

				Hope you can make it!

				Christine "Leadfoot" Kiesling
				The Pedal Pushers

Second item:
In case anyone is interested, I am going on the SoCalTT, which is
October 10/11 (Sunday  / Monday).
~250 miles per day, no hi-ways.   $210 per driver, 120 for passenger.
I believe Peter Harrison is coming along, not sure how much of his
luggage stack is coming.  (hollow out the stack and mount a beer keg?)
Eric Hankinson is also along with another of his non-Datsun creations.
(Rotary-Midget = Ro-dget?  Sprite-ary?)

I did it solo with no GPS last year, and while challenging to juggle (my
trip meter is 15% off, so at each junction I am furiously writing actual
next to the projected mileage).
Great group of unassuming gearheads.  Alfas, Volvos, Corollas, SR20
510's, a TR8, etc.

>From the organizer:
______
Please note that entry fee now includes dinner on Sunday and Monday
nights as well as the hotel, tee shirt, stickers, dash plaque/patch,
trophies, route sheets, etc.  The food is Cajun and so far has been damn
good.  (FOF: I'll second that)

The departure as always is from Echo Park, Los Angeles, and the
destination this year is Los Alamos, Ca.  (note: 13 miles north of
Buellton on 101)
The route is pretty similar to last year with a few minor changes.
_______
I have entry forms and contact info I can forward, PM me.  This is
definitely an event that is NOT being run for profit.

Fergus O