[Roadsters] Body pads / tank strap pads

ncoonen at fastbears.com ncoonen at fastbears.com
Wed Sep 15 07:36:28 MDT 2010

Hi Tim,

I missed this message when you originally sent it out. Did you get any replies? I am in the same situation as you - about to put a new/old tank into my '69 2000 and have none of the original rubber bits. My old tank had been remounted sometime ago and had no isolation between the tank and the frame and had been mounted with flimsy perforated steel strapping held on with sheet metal screws. A pretty scary set up!

My plan is to mount the tank using some closed cell foam strip material I get at a big box lumber store that is intended for mounting pickup truck caps. It is said to be weatherproof and seems fairly substantial, but not as tough as neoprene. I'm not sure about neoprene near gasoline fumes. I also plan to use this on some decent tanking mounting straps I am making.

...ned.
'69 Datsun 2000, '61 Corvair Lakewood, '74 BMW 2002tii