[Roadsters] Vibration

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Wed Sep 1 10:05:43 MDT 2010

Rule of thumb in diagnosing problems:

1) 99% of the time, if a problem shows up right after you've changed
something, whatever you've changed is what's causing the problem.

2) Don't start changing other things until you've determined that what
you changed initially is definitely NOT the cause of the new problem.
Otherwise, you jut increase the potential to cause more issues and make
the situation even harder to diagnose.

Questions regarding your situation:

Was the vibration there before you changed the tranny mount from the old
crummy one to the new prothane mount?  Yes or No?

Is it possible when you reinstalled the new mount, etc, that somehow the
tranny is now NOT perfectly in line with the rear axle?  (If the trans
isn't lined up straight, that could easily cause a wobble.)

Eddie