[Roadsters] Air intake question

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Tue May 25 18:55:59 MDT 2010

Kiwi,

The problem is that your car is almost upside down in comparison to
those here in the states, but not as upside down as the Aussie cars. You
have to use special hoses and parts that especially calibrated to work
backwards to ours! ;-}

If by intakes, you mean the fresh air vent intakes, as I recall, they
are screwed in from under the dash.

There is plenty of room for the water to run out the ends of the
firewall, down into the fenders. There was a drain hose that went from
the low spot under the grill in front of the windshield, down into the
area above the heater box, out through the firewall through a grommet,
and down the firewall behind the engine. When I bought my latest
Roadster, this hose was missing and water ran out onto the floor. I
stopped at a parts house and got a rubber freeze plug that fit to get me
the 1400 miles home. That was about 7 years ago. I have a replacement
hose in the trunk, but never took the time to install it.

If you need a cowl drain hose, some of our vendors have them. I was also
able to find a radiator hose from a small Japanese car that, with
trimming, fits fine.

The area behind the wheel wells fills up with trash and dirt that is
kicked up by the front wheels. Most folks don't know that this area
needs attention and kept cleaned out. If it is kept clean the water
flows right out. If it is full of dirt, etc., the water will keep this
area wet, causing fender rust from the inside.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake antony wardle, On 5/25/2010 6:26 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice		5026 FM 2001