[Roadsters] Roadster Locks

SlowBoy slowboy at cox.net
Fri May 7 11:15:32 MDT 2010

I need some help with lock identification.

The 66 I have does not have matching door or trunk locks and the 67 had no
keys and the locks were mixed with other locks.

Tell me about the keys on a 66-67.

Did the ignition key match the doors or trunk? Did the doors match the
trunk?

Are the trunk lock assemblies longer than the door locks?

The 66 had a 5000 series ignition switch red key and the trunk has a 1000
series blue key. The 1000 trunk lock assembly is short like on the doors and
was wondering if this may have been a door lock.

I ask because I have a seventy trunk lock assembly that is longer than the
door locks and one other long lock assembly I believe is to the 67.

I think I may have a set of lock assemblies to fit the 67. The ignition
switch (5000 series) key is a DT13 blank. The only long assembly lock I
believe is for the trunk has no number on it but the DT15 blank fits. As for
the matching door lock assemblies I found they have a 4000 series number on
them but one appears broke as it takes several different blanks and the
other lock appears to be block with something.

Thoughts before I go to the locksmith?

Thanks!