[Roadsters] idle fixed (from last fall)

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sun Mar 28 07:00:01 MST 2010

Last fall I was unable to get the idle down below 1500 or so on my 70 1600. Since I had replace the needle valves and floats and all the adjustment screws were completely backed off, the assumption was bad carbs.

While replacing the carbs last week, we (well, Steve any way) were unable to get the carbs balanced at idle; (We were able to get the idle well below 1000). When we were about ready to give up, I started to fiddle with the choke bits. Well, upon pushing down on the rear choke cable connection, I got close to an inch of  down movement on the cable; and this despite the choke knob being pushed all the way it on the center console. Once we removed the choke cable it was all easy from there.

So, moral of the story after all this frustration, don't over look the little things!

Tim