[Roadsters] How Much Is Your Car Worth - Just for Grins

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 06:43:35 MST 2010

> B My Dad also sold me his for a dollar - our stories are the same. B My Dad
> bought his car new in Los Angeles in 1969.
>
> After the restoration, we laughingly refer to the car as the most expensive
$1
> car ever made.

We traded in a '67 Impala 4-door for the '70 2000 we bought new in
Fort Worth. IIRC our payments were $63/month.

There's been a thread on the 510 list the past few days that started
because somebody was offering a perfect NOS late 510 rear bumper with
a firm price of $1K. Some people got very upset, but IMO he wasn't
forcing anyone to buy it. I wouldn't pay that, but I've got a couple
of nice ones already. The bumper's new '70 price was mentioned, so I
compared the price of our '70 510 ($2300) then adjusted to 2010 USD,
around $14K.

Point is, none of our toys are cheap to play with any more. In general
the Z-Car has the best parts availability but those parts aren't cheap
either.

FWIW,
Ron