[Roadsters] U20 Crank Pulley (Harmonic Balancer)

fred.davidson at sympatico.ca fred.davidson at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 15 17:55:51 MST 2010

Hi Dan:

If you have any concern about the harmonic balancer, I suggest contacting
http://www.dalemfg.com
to have yours rebuilt.  There is a difference I have found with a rebuild. The
harmonic balancer is two metal pieces sandwiched together with rubber in the
center to absorb engine vibration. The rubber gets harder with age and heat.
It is less expensive to have one rebuilt and will be better than a new one off
the shelf.

It almost sounds  as if your engine is sitting to low in front for some
reason. Your problem may not be the harmonic balancer or at least not only the
harmonic balancer.

Fred