[Roadsters] Roll bar tall

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 10:23:14 MST 2010

You're kidding, right?  The vendors get at least $300 for those, and more.

Keep in mind the following:

Datsun Roadsters haven't been manufactured in over 40 years.

When they were, I read somewhere that only about 5,000 cars of both
models were imported to the US each year.  That's 5000 1600's and 5,000
2 liters.
 So were talking about 10,000 cars a year.  Of those, probably half are
long gone.  Trashed, crashed, crushed, left to rot, and not worth anything.

Of the one's left, less than half are runners, the others are parts
cars, and the parts cars are being sold off every year, leaving less and
less parts.

I'm always amazed at how people seem to want the cars themselves to be
worth a ton of money once restored, but they think the parts should be
cheap, when there are so few of them!

Eddie