[Roadsters] 1600 flywheel

Brad Hendrickson brad.hendrickson at rocketmail.com
Sun Mar 7 20:54:33 MST 2010

I'm curious about the flywheel on my 1970 1600.  About 5 years ago I replaced
the clutch and had the flywheel turned.  It had a concentric step about 3/16
inch high with a diameter matching the clutch face.  I had the machine shop
match this profile and just clean it up.  The clutch housing mounts on
the perimeter outside this surface so effectively the clutch face is 3/16 inch
closer to the flywheel.  Has anyone seen this on a roadster?  I've always had
difficulty in adjusting the clutch and finally put on all new hydraulics and
pedal pin thinking I'd be able to get more travel out of the system.  Nothing
seemed to changed.  Looking through the litature available all flywheel
diagrams appear to show a flush surface across the whole face.  Any opinions
if this could impact clutch adjustment?

Brad Hendrickson
Erie, PA
1970 1600